a collection of my fumbling through writing while depressed & withdrawing from psych meds.
(trigger warning: talk of suicide, self-harm, negative body talk, drug use, bad relationship decisions, etc.)
“The Raised Hand of Darkness: Considering Violence as a Method of Noncompliance”, triple feature #1 (PDF)
“In a Feminist Mirror, Darkly: Reflections on Cultural Misconceptions of Feminism”, issue #2 (PDF)
– “Asking For It” Puts The Focus For Ending Rape Where It Belongs: On Rapists
– Bye, Becky: White Women on VH1’s “Bye Felicia” Channel Their Inner Black Woman in Search of Empowerment
– What’s the Republican Recruitment Strategy? Racism, Plain and Simple
– No Fat Chicks: Navigating the Dating World as A Fat Girl
– In Defense of Fat
– Why “You Complete Me” Is Bullshit and How I Learned to Complete Myself
– Is Sexual Fidelity the Most Important Part of a Relationship? Thoughts on Non-Monogamy
Zora & Alice
At 17 (so, in 1997) I did a zine called Bitchcore that some folks felt was worth archiving. You can find it the Rubenstein Library at Duke University and the Barnard College Zine Library, if you happen to be near those institutions and want to read it.